porter, honey, extract, Samuel Adams Honey Porter
Source: Tom Culliton (firstname.lastname@example.org),
This was posted in response to a request for a Sam Adams Honey Porter
- 1/2 lb. black patent malt crushed
- 1/2 lb. chocolate malt crushed
- 1 lb. medium crystal malt crushed
- 6 lbs. amber malt syrup
- 3 lbs. light honey
- 1 oz. Perles - boiling (60 minutes)
- 1/2 oz. Fuggles - boiling (30 minutes)
- 1/2 oz. Fuggles - finishing (5 minutes)
- Wyeast 1084 "Irish Ale"
Steep the crushed specialty grains from cold up to 160-170F and remove.
Bring water to boil, turn off the heat before adding the malt extract to
avoid scorching. Bring back to a boil and add boiling hops, after 30
minutes add the flavor hops, and at 55 minutes the finishing hops.
Optionally add 1 tsp. Irish Moss at 45 minutes into the boil to help the
break. Remove from heat, cool to 70F, transfer to carboy topping up to
5 gallons, and pitch yeast.
- O.G. - 1.062
- F.G. - 1.016
- Primary: 1 week
- Secondary: 4 weeks